- Read: Christmas Tree varieties at Big Tex Trees
When you arrive at any on our Christmas Tree lots, our experts will assist you in picking out your tree. After that, we'll make a fresh cut in the tree and assist you with loading your Christmas Tree onto your vehicle.
For the most part, ornaments on your Christmas Tree are relatively the same year-after-year. But what about that heavy looking ornament your aunt just bought you. It’s extremely important to plan ahead as Christmas Tree branches come in different shapes, sizes, and strength. You might have your eye set on one Christmas Tree only to learn later that it can’t support that heavy ornament from your aunt, which brings us to…
Moon Valley Nurseries carries three different Christmas Trees at our 4 lots in Houston. Even though the trees may all “look the same” they are all vastly different. The Noble Fir has the strongest branches which are good for heavy ornaments. The Grand Fir has one of the best aromas around, and the Douglas Fir is shaped like a cone. Learn more about our four Christmas Trees right here.
Testing the tree isn’t just an eye test. There are a few things you can do to ensure you're getting the best Christmas Tree.
- Bounce the tree: Hold the tree up a few inches from the ground and drop it (be sure you don’t let the tree fall on its side!) If a few needles drop, you have a good tree. If a hefty amount of needles drop, move on and find another.
- Test The Needles: Grab the interior side of any branch on the tree. Close your hand and pull it towards yourself. If you end up with a bunch of needles in your hand you have a bad tree. Fresh trees should have minimal to no needles falling off.
- Test The Branches: Bend the outer branches. If they snap easily, the tree is too dry.
- Crush The Needles: The tree should have a good fragrance and a good way to test this is by crushing a few needles. The smell should be strong.
One thing you're assured of at our lots is that you and your family are getting the freshest Christmas Tree in town! Our super fresh trees are expressed shipped within 48 hours of cutting to ensure the highest quality and freshest trees in Houston for you and your loved ones. Click here to map the nearest tree lot location to you.